Monday 1 June 2009

E3 2009 - X-Box 360 Horror News

Woop, just saw the E3 XBox 360 presentation. Games of note relevant to this site;

First for action games. two new Halo games are coming out, the ODST, and also another more mysterious one called Halo: Reach (like the popular brand of toothbrush).

The new Splinter Cell game Splinter Cell: Conviction was shown in playable form, it looked real good, and Sam Fisher looks like a complete badass now.

The next Metal Gear Solid game is going to come out on the XBox 360. The main character is Raiden (god I hope he's better than he was in the awful Metal Gear Solid 2) and the game is titled Metal Gear: Rising.

Onto HORROR! Heh. Alan Wake was shown in playable form. It kinda looked like a less scary Silent Hill, and reminded me quite heavily of Alone in the Dark. The play though showed Alan as he chases after some type of monster which has kidnapped his friend (or something) He ran through some woods, then got a cable car to a shack which was promptly demolished by a bulldozer.

Left 4 Dead 2 was announced. I have yet to play Left 4 Dead, so I really need to pick that up while people are still playing it!

Anyway that is E3 at the moment. Looking forward to more reveals for the other platforms!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice hat dude.

Just seen the L4D-2 trailer and it looks ace! Chainsaws were what were missing from the 1st game for sure!

RZ said...

For some odd reason, that photo of me seemed the most relevant for an E3 post at the time I posted it.

It no longer does...

I am going to have to get L4D when I get paid, I keep putting it off waiting for it to go down in price, but the rate I'm going L4D-5 will be out by the time I get around to buying it!

If films have taught me anything it's that Chainsaws are the ultimate zombie killing tool!