Monday 24 October 2011

General Update for October 2011: Spooky Halloween Edition


It is near months end and I have only just got around to doing a general update.  Been a very busy month outside and inside the blog.  I for the moment have a paying job, that is great for getting money to buy new things to review and talk about, but terrible for sucking the energy out of me and making my PC the last place I want to be when I have gotten home from work.  So onto films...

Paranormal Activity 3 is at the Cinema currently, I have heard tell that it is the best of the three so far, I will definitely be checking that out.  Contagion; a disaster film about a deadly virus is also showing, not sure if I will get time to check that one out though.  I most certainly missed Guillermo del Toro's Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, the trailer was not very good but that doesn't say much when nowadays they are near universally bad.  I still have a pile of horror DVDs waiting to be seen, and have ordered a few cheap zombie flicks as well as Season 1 of The Walking Dead. Oh yeah, I am up to Hellraiser 5, I planned to have reviewed all 9 by the end of the month, the best laid plans of mice and men. Books...


I am reading Traumatized by Alexander Brown at the moment, it is a collection of short horror tales.  So far it has been really quite good, each story is totally different from the last, lots of variation.  I have a few back issues of the excellent Darkside Magazine to read, as well as Issue 6 of Shock Horror Magazine that shocked me as I had totally forgotten about it.  In time for Halloween I have a comic from Viper Comics about an evil Scarecrow that looks kinda cool. Also have a cool sounding tale of Ninjas and zombies to read that I am looking forward to. Onto games...

A friend lent me Demons Souls on the basis that I review it when it is done.  It is very good, very atmospheric (and hard!) but as I play it I am aware the sequel has just been released so feel a bit late to the party.  I am also playing the so so Alien VS Predator for the X-Box 360, nearly done with that.  One of the Episodes for Sam and Max Season 2 is all about zombies, called something like Night of the Raving Dead. I shall be doing a post about that particular chapter.

So lots and lots going on, and so little time to do it.  Still, stick around dear followers!

No comments: