Friday 11 February 2022

The Rotting Zombie's News Round-up for Friday 11th February 2022


Zombie video game Dying Light 2 arrived on my doorstep yesterday (writing this last Saturday) so this weekend sees me somewhat dialing in my posts. That video game sure is good so far, a big improvement on Dying Light whose gameplay mechanics feel a little dated nowadays.

Looking through my inbox I noticed that Your Flesh, Your Curse is getting a March 22nd release via Bayview Entertainment. This arthouse movie follows a troubled girl whose death at the hands of a stranger starts her on a surreal journey in limbo. I said of the film in my review "...was a beautiful looking film...I had something audibly, and visually interesting to appreciate."


This next one is some music news, and having a look it doesn't look like the best fit on my blog. Still, I had put it up on my whiteboard to write about so here goes. Sokojo are a new Los Angeles hard rock/alternative band whose debut EP More was released on February 4th, as well as their music video for a song that is also called More. The press release states 'Drawing influences from the '70s, '80s and '90s rock scenes, yet honing an original sound that feels at home in the 2020s, their songs hold meaningful messages, feel radio-ready, and have their unique set of fingerprints.'


Unexpectedly came the news that Radar Pictures are in development of a new TV series based on American McGee's Alice and it's sequel Alice: Madness Returns. In this dark take on the classic story, after Alice returns from her trip through the Looking-Glass her home burns down, with her parents dying in the fire. After trying to kill herself, Alice finds herself in a mental institution where she is called back to Wonderland. This Wonderland, reflecting her dark spirit has gone rotten, she hopes by curing it of its corruption she will be able to learn revelations about her past and restore her peace of mind. The show will be a collaboration between Radar Pictures, Abandon Entertainment and writer-producer David Hayter (X2, Watchmen, Netflix's Warrior Nun).

No comments: