Thursday 16 November 2023

The Rotting Zombie's News Anthology for Thursday 16th November


This month I've been busy putting up my own posts on the oddly numbered days, rather than my usual mini-news posts. Usually, with my anthology news posts I do a trio of stories, but this week I will keep going until I've done an hours worth of news stories in this here post!...which turns out to be the usual three stories, due to sorting out my cluttered inbox for much of that time.
In 'me' news, I have been playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III's Zombies mode. While it is certainly not classic round based Zombies, it isn't bad as its own thing, feeling more like a combination of the DMZ extraction mode from Modern Warfare II and Zombies. I can already tell it is going to be more fun than the awful Call of Duty: Vanguard's sorry excuse for Zombies! (which I generously awarded a 3/10 in my review at the time.

Back in May I mentioned in my news round-up that a short horror film titled Biters & Bleeders was coming out. Fast forward to now, and the company responsible, independent women-led New 32, have launched an Indiegogo campaign in order to raise funds to make a feature length version of this story. Included below is the trailer for the short film, which is about a couple (Tad and Penelope) who move into a stately family home left to them in the will of Tad's mother, hoping it will solve their marital issues. Instead, an infestation of bed bugs there threatens to push Penelope's fragile mental health over the edge.
The Indiegogo campaign launched on Halloween, and with nine days left, there is still time to contribute, with the usual range of rewards should you do so. Currently, the film has raised around 20% of its £73,632 goal. For more details, check out the Indiegogo page here.


Paranormal UK: UFOs, Cryptids & Hauntings has been released by Bayview Entertainment on Digital Platforms including Amazon Prime. Directed by Warren Speed, this documentary focuses on UK based paranormal events, including among its topics, one of the most haunted houses in the world, and the most infamous alien encounter in documented UK history.

Finally for today, on October 5th, a new horror came to ALLBLK TV, the David M. Parks (Static Codes) directed Deadly Desire. Starring Mike Ferguson (Amityville Uprising, Static Codes), this takes place at the bachelorette party of Sophia, in which her friends start dying one by one, with it suspected that her obsessed best friend Melody, might be behind the killings.

No comments: