Thursday 19 September 2024

The Rotting Zombie's News Anthology for Thursday 19th September 2024


This is the first weekend in a while where I have properly spent some time on my blog (though still not up to my usual five posts). With my day job being stressful, doing an apprenticeship, and spending more time with my best friend at weekends, my blog has taken a bit of a backseat. I have one more busy weekend coming up, but after that I think things might settle down a bit. Here is a trilogy of news stories to wet your whistle.

Feral is a new LGBTQ psychosexual thriller that stars Fawn Winters (We Are Wolves) and Eunoia Sonders. This is the tenth film from director Rich Mallery (Maid Droid), it is about a desperate woman - Ghost (Winters), who has just a week to find a way to pay off her debts. She plans to get the money by stealing it, and to help her, she manipulates a woman named Billy (Sonders) into helping her. Ghost soon discovers that Billy might not be as innocent as she at first appeared. Feral releases this fall on digital platforms.

On September 24th horror anthology The Profane Exhibit makes its debut on Blu-ray and DVD. This is a collection of ten tales directed by some quite notable names. These include Sergio Stivaletti (Demons), Yoshihiro Nishimura (Tokyo Gore Police), Uwe Boll (Postal), Ruggero Deodato (Cannibal Holocaust), and Jeremy Kasten (The Wizard of Gore). I do love a good anthology and this one caught my interest.

Finally for today, Blood Red Beach is the latest film from Mad Angel Films and currently has an Indiegogo campaign running. This pirate themed horror takes place on a secluded island haunted by a vengeful pirate spirit. Currently 65% of the movie has been shot, with the campaign hoping to bring in funds to finish things off. To check out the campaign, head here.

No comments: