Sunday 3 July 2022

The Rotting Zombie's News Anthology for 3rd July 2022


I had a bigger news post earlier in the week and now here is a smaller one to finish the week off with. Starting off with the official trailer for horror film Smile. This was actually something that had caught my attention even before I had got sent a press release about it. Sure, the idea of someone being afflicted with a curse that will cause them to die in a weeks time has been done to death (The Ring and One Missed Call spring to mind), but the trailer looked pretty fun. There really are few things as creepy as a smile that is perhaps a little bit too intense. This is directed and written by Parker Finn and is about Dr. Rose Cotter who begins to experience terrifying occurrences after witnessing a traumatic event with one of her patients.


Over in the world of music and Italian trap metal artist Marco Calanca has created a metalcore cover of Attack on Titan's The Rumbling. Becko said of his track "The Rumbling' cover of the Attack On Titan soundtrack is one of the best metalcore songs used in anime to me, it resonated perfectly with my taste". It has reminded me that I really need to get my best friend to watch some more of the anime with me, sometimes it's like pulling teeth from a hen trying to get her to watch our shows!


The Haunting on Gabriel Street came to DVD on June 21st from Bayview Entertainment. It is about the sister of a man who died, along with forty one others on Gabriel Street. Not trusting the government's explanation for what happened, she travels to her brother's house with two friends. In the house they discover 'not everyone in the house that night is dead...'

No comments: