Tuesday 15 October 2024

Violent and Murderous Thoughts (2024) by Morgue Terror - Music Album Review


Violent and Murderous Thoughts
is the second EP from horror-themed death metal group Morgue Terror and apparently is the first to feature an actual drummer. The press releases states the EP is about '...the atrocities of four sadistic serial killers and a debauched, abusive sect'. I didn't quite pick up on that from my listens but I enjoyed all eighteen minutes of it regardless.

This begins with 'Chessmaster' setting the chugging guitar sound for the whole EP. The style of singing is mostly guttural roars and growling, I couldn't make out a word over the whole EP, that isn't saying I didn't like that style, reminded me of early Cradle of Filth but with a better sound. I don't really have too many notes on this EP, all five tracks had good music to them and some had some great titles - 'Bludgeoned & Brutalized' and 'Virulent Incision' for instance. The tracks fed into each other well without it feeling like the tracks were similar.

Morgue Terror's Violent and Murderous Thoughts was a good EP, I felt the music helped me when I was using the rowing machine at the gym and there wasn't a bad track to be found.

SCORE:

No comments: