Thursday 11 May 2023

The Rotting Zombie's News Anthology for 11th May 2023


My second news post I'm writing today (at time of writing), with me doing my blog in a different order. It's never meant to be a good idea starting with the shorter items and going onto longer, but I'm giving that a go today. Super tired as for some reason I can't sleep more than around five hours a night at weekends.

VIPCO and Bayview Entertainment have two physical releases in May. Death Metal is a film I have mentioned previously, and a review of it shall be dropping on this site next week. The other film is My Cherry Pie, this follows three criminals on the run, who accept an invitation from a stranger, Cherry, who lets them stay at the nice sounding Pleasant Creek. That place however is an abandoned hospital with a dark past, which is now the hunting ground for a killer dressed like a plague doctor.



Toxsyck have released an industrial sounding track, 'Death Wish'. The German producer duo state "The hypnotizing and cyberpunk'esque vocals suck you into a soundscape that feels like you're losing traction in time and space while the hard-hitting drops let your whole body shiver". The track is out now on all platforms from F!XT.


Finally for today, Cristian Carter's dark synth-pop project CAEV.R has announced latest single 'Deflect'. They say of the track "The single was inspired by people who shirked responsibility for their actions and instead played the victim, which is a frustrating and disappointing experience I'm sure many have gone through". Mari Kattman (COP International) provides vocals that Carter says was the ideal choice for the track.

No comments: