Tuesday 9 May 2023

The Rotting Zombie's News Anthology for 9th May 2023


I had a truly rotten week of work in my day job last week, so I've decided to dial back my blog commitments by mainly focussing on my own stuff I've chosen to review, rather than screeners I've been sent. This dialing back also includes two seperate news posts this week, to be fair, my bloody inbox has fifty one emails currently sitting in it, so it could do with some slight culling.

I Need You Dead! is now available on Blu-ray from Bayview Entertainment. Directed by Rocko Zevenbergen, and starring Estevan Muñoz, Sidra Morgan-Montoya, with Lloyd Kaufman, is about a teenage punk who somehow '...births a strange fleshy creature and soon finds himself at odds with the psychedelic monster of his own creation.' Check out the trailer below.


Scream VI became available to download and keep from today, with 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD releases following from 10th July. This brings the iconic Ghostface killer to New York, with the killer more deadly than ever. The physical releases include over an hour of bonus content, including behind the scenes interviews, as well as commentary by the filmmakers. I really must get around to watching the latest Scream movies.

Finally, in time for the Walpurgis Night celebrations that took place on 30th April came the release of a new Videogram single. That name is the moniker of Magnus Sellergren, with the sound creating the feel of old horror film soundtracks. 'Walpurgisnacht' was originally released on the 'S/T' debut album, and is now back in a new 2023 remix, alongside previously unreleased track 'La Notte delle Steghe End Titles'. The horror themed single comes packaged with artwork from 19th century Spanish artist Luis Ricardo and can be digitally streamed on all music platforms.

No comments: