Tuesday 16 May 2023

The Rotting Zombie's News Double Bill for 16th May 2023


I am off work this week which means I am spreading my posts out rather than writing them all on the same day. I cleared out my news inbox last week, hopefully its replenished enough that I can scrape together a small news post. In me news, I'm currently (finally) watching Wednesday, it's not bad. On the gaming front, on X-Box, I am still trying to do the final level on Vampire Survivors, I'm on the second chapter of Loop Hero, need to get back into Atomic Heart, and same goes for the addictive Dead Cells. Over on my Nintendo Switch I have started The Mummy Demastered once again. Meanwhile, on PS5, I brought The Callisto Protocol in a sale and am loving it, and have finally returned back to Resident Evil Village VR. I also must return to Cult of the Lamb. Finally, still loving Elder Scrolls Online, nearing the end of the vampire-centric Rivenspire area currently.

The Nocturnal Affair have released a new single, which is a reimagined darker version of Depeche Mode's 1997 single 'It's No Good'. The press release states '...the band's crushing and melancholic musical style is an ode to darker alternative music torchbearers like Type O Negative, HIM, David Bowie, Gary Numan, and Nine Inch Nails.' For once, I actually checked out the song, it was not bad. The Nocturnal Affair will be touring with Smile Empty Soul on their 20th Anniversary Tour, alongside opening act The Stone Eye, starting May 20th.


The Empty Space is the latest horror film from Bayview Entertainment. This was directed by Andrew Jara, and stars Valerie Alene, Joe Sinclitico and Rachel Olsen and releases on Blu-ray on May 30th. It tells the story of Aimee Andrews, who after the violent death of her boyfriend has began to struggle with her mental health. Just as she feels ready to finally move on, her boyfriend returns from the beyond, with Aimee having to confront her fears to find out who or what has come back, and what they want from her. Surprisingly, I even watched the trailer for this one, got to respect someone who wears the same hat no matter the occasion was my thoughts on it. 

No comments: