Friday 4 November 2022

The Rotting Zombie's News Anthology for November 4th 2022


Another news post for this week, you can tell I was a bit unplanned when it came to this weeks blog posts. Truth be told I had been intending to review The Man in Room 6, but the two and a half hour runtime had me delaying it until next week when I would have more time to watch it. Instead I shall be watching the short twenty minute horror film Others, which is a film designed to challenge stigma against HIV sufferers.

I sometimes dip into the JustWatch UK streaming charts for movies and TV shows that I receive weekly. A glance at the latest one (which will actually be last week's at time of this post going up) shows Halloween is at number one, the latest film to be called Halloween in the series, not to be confused with Halloween or Halloween. That reminds me, I really need to get to the cinema to watch Halloween Ends, lack of money meant I had to wait for payday before I could afford to do that. It is cool to see Terrifier is in at number three, I love how much Terrifier 2 has blown up, Art the Clown is a fantastic character so it is pleasing that he appears to have slightly broken into mainstream, I really need to find out how to watch the sequel. The only other vaguely horror related film is The School for Good and Evil, a fantasy film where heroes and villains both attend a Harry Potter style school most likely.
In the TV show chart you have The Watcher at number two, I assume this is based on the real life account of a family who began to receive sinister letters after moving into a new home. Dystopian thriller (possibly, never actually seen it) The Handmaid's Tale is at number four, while What We Do in the Shadows is in tenth place. I really want to see that last one, but have yet to locate anywhere it's streamable.

Some exclusive stills have been released for horror film Bitch, which released on October 28th. This ten minute short stars Sadie Scheufler and J ai Raja (Max Reload & the Nether Blasters), and shows the effects of a curse, the result of a young woman seeking a break from the mistakes she has made in her life. Feral Llama Entertainment wanted to echo the movie-making process of the 1980's, so I figure there will be no CGI.




Finally for today, Brazil based Armored Dawn have released new single, Tides. This is the second single off the band's upcoming album, Brand New Way, the press release stating it '...addresses deeper sentimental themes, such as melancholy...'

No comments: